Forecast at ~4,300 ft elevation in the area (updated 4/16 2 PM)
Friday Night: A 10 percent chance of snow after 5am. Snow level 5300 feet. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Light and variable wind becoming west northwest around 6 mph in the evening.
Saturday: A slight chance of rain and snow before 8am, then a slight chance of rain. Snow level 4900 feet rising to 5700 feet in the afternoon. Partly sunny, with a high near 48. Light and variable wind becoming west around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- 1:30 hours from our home to trailhead.
- 1:05 hours from Everett
- 1:55 hours from Bellingham
Breakdown of the hike…
- <1 hr: 2.1 miles, 1,100 ft gain till snow level at 3,100 ft, basically all along old forest service road
- <3 hrs: 1.2 miles, 2,356 ft gain through snow + scramble to peak
- <2 hrs: Descend back the 1.2 miles of snow
- <1 hr: Descend the old road 2.1 miles
- Total time ~7 hours
- 7 AM: We leave home
- 8:30 AM: Arrive at trailhead
- 8:45 AM: Start hiking
- 9:45 AM: Reach the snow
- 12:45 PM: On the summit
- 1:00 PM: Descend
- 4:00 PM: Back at car
- 4:45 PM: Back home